"He causeth the grass to grow for food, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth a man's heart." ~Psalm 104: 14-15

Friday

A Gypsy's Herbal Toothpaste & Toothpowder

Here are my first two tooth cleaning recipes.
 
NOTE: These are what I use for my teeth, and may not be the best choice for you; please consult with a professional about what options are best for you.

Homemade Toothpaste/cleaner

  • Coconut oil
  • peppermint Essential Oil
  • baking soda
  • Himalayan sea salt

Directions: 

  • Infuse the coconut oil with cloves and peppermint before you start...
  • Then re-heat oil and mix in salt and baking soda to dissolve...

After combining the oils and powders, store in a neat little tin or jar. (Mine's in a squatty little jar so I  wont tip it over.) And now you have homemade toothpaste/cleaner!


Concocting: Toiletries: Tooth Powder

(as seen on my previous blog)
Here's what I put in my first tooth powder:
  • Baking soda
  • pink salt*
  • peppermint oil drops
  • whole cloves
*although salt is good for the mouth, I'm reconsidering putting it in my tooth powder/paste next
time; it's possibly too abrasive. Instead, I'll try to rinse with warm salt water daily.
Tooth powder with peppermint oil; pink salt; toothpowder with cloves.



Clear jar on the left is explained above. Little jar in back with red/white top is pink salt,
now to be added to warm water as a rinse. Green salt shaker jar is new tooth powder with
 whole cloves. The cloves themselves will not go through the small-holed-top, but the baking
soda in the powder will absorb a lot from them in the mean time.


Bulk Herb Store has a Bentonite Clay Toothpaste......but that's their story! Go read all about it! :~) 
(I like how they dissolve salt into theirs: solves that dilemma!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? Do you have any suggestions? Other ideas or sources? Share 'em here!