"He causeth the grass to grow for food, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth a man's heart." ~Psalm 104: 14-15

Wednesday

Culinary Delights #5 A friend's Russian Borsch – Борщ

I once made a new friend. She's Russian; she made a lot of delicious food, too!  I hadn't ever had borsch before, but her's was so good, I decided I liked it!

I'm not sure if this is really a photo of  borsch she made or of another soup (it looks kinda orange, and I know we had red borsch several times!)  I'm pretty sure she didn't have everything like she was used to back home, being in Mexico, but it sure turned out tasty!
Poor-mans borsch?



Thinking about it lately, I asked her for a recipe. She suggested this one:  Classic Russian Borsch Recipe – Красный Борщ.

 

Another source for trying new recipes!

Do you like Borsch? What's your favorite way to make it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? Do you have any suggestions? Other ideas or sources? Share 'em here!