"He causeth the grass to grow for food, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth a man's heart." ~Psalm 104: 14-15

Monday

Herbs in my backyard: Series Intro

Have you seen all the green things popping up lately? Since my home had hardly any winter, we've had spring plants for a few months already. But traveling this week, I've seen the end of another long cold winter - and hints of wonderful Spring coming through!



In my own backyard, there's an abundance of wild "weeds" just cropping up of their own accord.  Amongst them, I've seen so many that are not something to be pulled out and tossed in the garbage, but are actually wonderful herbs! Here are some that I've seen:

 We also have these near by:
  • pine
  • common blue violet
  • wild rose
  • mint 
  • yarrow

 I'll be sharing more about some of my favorites in the coming month or two...keep an eye out! (and just a hint, the first one is bright yellow and starts with a "d"...)  :)

Pin this to remember to come back for more round-ups full of ideas on how to use these herbs from your own backyard! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? Do you have any suggestions? Other ideas or sources? Share 'em here!