This week is unpacking week around here. Seems to happen often...maybe that's where the nickname of "Gypsy" came from...? :) Not a lot of blogging happening lately due to the move, but the next post is in the works...
I don't know if mine would qualify as a "real food" kitchen yet (like the small one in the Real Food Kitchen Tour
that Katie Mae of Nourishing Simplicity is so wisely making use of),
but I do have a little crock for fermenting, and some lovely starters in
the fridge, as well as a great book that was also a gift, called The
Lost Art of Real Cooking (which has my favorite challah bread recipe!)...
Dandelions: Who wants 'em?Spraying pesticides, hours of weed pulling, and being annoyed - often these thoughts go hand-in-hand when people think of this little wild plant. But is that all there really is to it? Get it rid of it, throw it away, spray it? No, no, no. Dandelions have so much to offer! Look, here are some things you should know about dandelions; just start clicking the links so you can learn about it for yourself!
Brief Dandelion round-up:
- NourishingSimplicity.org Dandelion Herb Lesson
- simplefoody.org Dandelion Mint Tea
- DeepRootsatHome.com Dandelion Fritters & Greens ~ Spring tonic
- realfoodforlife.com 10 Dandelion Root Health Benefits
- DeepRootsatHome.com Homemade Dandelion Tincture
- commonsensehome.com Harvesting and Using Dandelions
- Bulk Herb Store Articles The Real Beauty of Dandelion
- A Gypsy Herbal My dandelion pintrest board.