"He causeth the grass to grow for food, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth a man's heart." ~Psalm 104: 14-15

Tuesday

What I put in my Herbal Medicine Cupboard: Beyond the Medicine Chest


Remember when I wrote about my herbal medicine chest? I ended then with the mention of the herbal remedies that don’t fit in the little chest, but instead need to go in an herbal medicine cupboard.

 Since then I’ve moved four times taking my Herbal Medicine Cupboard collection -or parts of it- all over. My first medicine cupboard was the funnest place! A closet full of all the sacks of herbs, jars of preparations, jugs of essentials - definitely much too much to keep in one box!


I’ve added to it, re-stocked it, made some changes, and finally typed it up in a list for you – along with some additional things that what I now keep in the original herbal medicine chest. I’ll share with you now the things that most fit into my medicine cupboard category. (Not all the teas and cooking spices.) ...


My latest post is over @ Nourishing Simplicity... 

A Gypsy’s Herbal Medicine Cupboard


http://nourishingsimplicity.org/2014/07/how-to-build-a-herbal-medicine-cupboard.html

Find all this and more on the pinboard: Natural First Aid & Herbal Medicine
If you're looking for links to the books mentioned, you can see my books page.

This post is part of the following link-ups and blog hops: Capture Your Journey @ Joy Dare, Homemaking Link-up @ Raising Homemakers, Thank Goodness it's Monday @ Nourishing Joy, Wellness Wednesday @ Richly Rooted, Wildcrafting Wednesday @ Entwife's Jounral, The Art of Home-Making Monday @ Strangers & Pilgrims, Simple Lives Thursdays @ Homespun Oasis, Fabulously Frugal Thursday @ A Life in Balance, Front Porch Friday @ Preparedness Mama, Natural Family Friday @ Natural Family Today, Simple Life Sunday @ Trayer Wilderness, So Much at Home...

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Just what I wanted to have in my box of tools for living. I will be saving your blog and look forward to reading more. Thanks for sharing!

    Swinging over from Capture Your Journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes~you're so welcome! Thanks!!

      Delete
  2. I am going to spend some time tomorrow looking over your medicine chest. It looks like a bundle of information, thank you for sharing that too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun filling such a neat wooden chest with my herbs and remedies. :) Hope you find some helpful ideas!

      Delete
  3. This is fabulous! I used to have all my herbs in one cupboard that was not too deep, so I could get at everything easily. It is so handy to have it in one place. In our current house there isn't a specific spot for them. This post gives me inspiration to create something for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, being able to see and easily get to everything makes so much difference! I'm glad this is helping inspire you! Hopefully you can get something accomplished on that soon ~feel welcome to come on back and share an update if you do!

      Delete

So what do you think? Do you have any suggestions? Other ideas or sources? Share 'em here!