"He causeth the grass to grow for food, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth a man's heart." ~Psalm 104: 14-15

Saturday

Kitchenette Update (part 1)

Here it is! Lookin' so much better, don't you think?













Notice the highest shelf, which I hadn't mentioned before? Goldenrod tea pot, quart of local raw honey, matching set of boxes full of homemade tinctures, bottles waiting to be filled (that tall one is my Elderberry syrup bottle!), and my rag basket-turned apron basket. :-)

I'm deciding still where I want to hang my cast iron; I have one medium pan, and several small pans, a grill plate, and a muffin pan (the original inspiration for the kitchenette!)   The idea is from the "rafters" above. Right now, they are with the pink jars, still under the sink.



The hard-wear from the shelving makes a nice towel hook or tea cup/mug hanging spots. Still need to add the electric kettle, the hot-plate, and a toaster oven. Those are on their way from Amazon though, so maybe next week time when I tell you about my cookbooks, I can share photos of everything all in place... :D

What cookbooks are your favorite? How many would you take on a 4 month adventure? 

  This post is shared on Front Porch Friday, Simple Life Sunday, Making Your Home Sing, Homemaking link-up Wednesdays, Capture Your Journey, Wellness Wednesday, Simple Lives Thursday, Natural Family Friday, ...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up the drawing salve information last week. I just had to take a peak at your Kitchenette update while I was here. The pink jars are darling :) Thanks for sharing at the Art of Home-Making Mondays. Our new link up is up and running...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I thought you'd like to see them! Thank you for leaving me a note; you're so good at that! (I'm working on it.) Yes, first thing this morning I shared my new post on managing bug bites in the Art of Home-Making! Have a lovely week!

      Delete

So what do you think? Do you have any suggestions? Other ideas or sources? Share 'em here!