"He causeth the grass to grow for food, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth a man's heart." ~Psalm 104: 14-15

Sunday

What about a Berkey?


What's a Berkey?  Good question!  



A Berkey is a type of water purifier. It goes beyond filteration, and actually purifies your water. Berkey water filters take out the nasties, and leave behind the good minerals!
Our Berkey Water Filtration Systems are one of the most advanced passive water filters available. It helps remove all bacteria, harmful chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals and more, while leaving the natural minerals your body needs. You can taste the difference! The Berkey is powerful enough to filter natural water sources (like the pond or creek), and does so without any electricity (all gravity fed), so it is perfect for that camping trip you are taking this summer, too.   -Hannah Stoll BHS

 Why would you need to have a Berkey?

"Your basic drinking water oftentimes contains chlorine, lead, harmful bacteria, and even mercury. Sometimes we can detect these harmful elements by taste, but most of the time they are tasteless and we have no idea what we are consuming."  -Hannah Stoll BHS

You can read more details about What's Wrong with Drinking Tap Water @ The Holistic Mama.
I'll sometimes take along an extra metal bottle too, which I like to fill from a Big Berkey or Royal Berkey if I'm at my friend's house...still haven't been able to get my own-can't wait! I love the taste of water when the good minerals haven't been filtered out - reminds me of the mountain well water back home - and that kind of water doesn't pick up a metallic taste from my metal bottle!

Now let me tell you about when I use my Berkey water filters....

  I have used a Berky to clean and drink pond water when a well pump was out of commission, and I've had tremendous success/security with my Sport Berkey in my favorite third world country. In case you didn't know, I travel a lot. I'm often to be found in a foreign country, I'll hop across the continent every-now-and-then, usually take a couple hour drive almost weekly... And almost without exception, I take my Berkey Sport bottle (with it's built-in filter) with me everywhere I go.  It's my first choice for a water bottle, and the only filter I trust on-the-go.


Photo by Bulk Herb Store

Where can I get a Berkey today?

Aren't you ready to get a great water purifier? (Maybe you're even in a water bottle shopping mood, or ir you're feeling the need to carry along something you can fill up on your summer adventures!) I highly recommend the Berkey Sport water bottle! If you want good clean water for your home, counter-top Berkeys are GREAT! 


Would you consider buying a Berkey? Already have one? tell us why you love your Berkey!

This post has been shared on the following link-ups: So Much At Home, The Art of Home-Making Mondays,

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    That water bottle filter sounds like a blessing for those who travel internationally... Thanks for sharing this good information on the Art of Home-Making Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It has been so wonderful to have abroad!! Even in parts of the states, tap or bottled water is not always the best, so having that water purifier on the go has been such a help! :)
      Thank you for leaving a comment, too. :)

      Delete

So what do you think? Do you have any suggestions? Other ideas or sources? Share 'em here!