"He causeth the grass to grow for food, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth a man's heart." ~Psalm 104: 14-15

Saturday

Kittchenette Update part 2: My 5 Favorite Cookbooks

Well as I wrote in part one of my little kitchenette up-dates, I was so excited about my new arrivals coming, that I thought sure I'd take pictures of everything! But since living life (getting rid of fleas and mixing up some remedies for bug bites) sometimes gets in the way of that, I'm just briefly sharing a bit about the cookbooks in my kitchenette today.


Favorite cookbooks

These are the books I go to time and again knowing I'll find good recipes, frugal options, and good ol' fashion methods. Half sit on the shelf in perfect reach in the kitchenette, but a few require getting out the computer. (In the future, I'd much prefer to get hard-copies. But since I was so much on-the-go when I added a couple of these titles, kindle was a great option.)

  The best cookbooks I have and the ones I'd recommend to everyone:


http://just-making-noise.blogspot.com/p/just-making-ebooks.html
 












Find these and more of my favorite books on my here on my Books page, or over on my Library pinboard.


Read more about my kitchenette: Unpacking (Kitchenette Gets Plumbing), Kitchenette Update part 1, Kitchenette On Hold (and Not Complaining), Bats in the Belfry ...

What are you favorite cookbooks? Do you take them on long adventures with you? 

Shared on: Monday's Musings, Capture Your Journey, Front Porch Fridays, The Homemaking Party, The Art of Homemaking Mondays.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I just got my hands on the Nourishing Traditions cookbook and am enjoying it... Will have to look into your other titles :) Thanks for sharing on the Art of Home-Making Mondays this week! Our new link up is running if you care to join in this week... Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got it in your hands! (I miss my old copy...it's just not the same reading that one on the computer-though the ice cream one perfect as an e-book!) Sorry I missed this - I'm having so much fun with your link-ups! Let me know what recipes you most enjoy out of Nourishing Traditions!

      Delete

So what do you think? Do you have any suggestions? Other ideas or sources? Share 'em here!