"He causeth the grass to grow for food, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth a man's heart." ~Psalm 104: 14-15

Friday

Managing Bug Bites with Herbal Remedies



This post is exciting because I've found multiple DIY recipes and remedies that are helping me managing a variety of bug bites!


I seem to be a regular bug magnet, and if that wasn't bad enough, I also react to some types of but bites. (Keep reading and you'll find a link that talks about "Skeeter Syndrome".) I get bites when other people don't even notice any bugs. Fleas will leave me with multiple when others in the family barely notice they were there. Some bites (like from midget flies) turn into awful welts that drive me crazy for an entire week at a time.

Needless to say, I've been searching for natural ways to deal with these pesky reactions. After compiling recipes and links for a couple years, I've recently tried out even more great finds. Now I'm privileged to share my favorites with you in BHS Blog's current series on Herbal First Aid.

So, click to read a nice selections of wonderfully soothing, relief giving ideas for

Managing Bug Bites with Herbal Remedies @ Bulk Herb Store Blog



 

More links:

  • A Christian Herbal has a nice info-graphic for Naturally Treating Summer Ailments.
  • There's also a neat Itchy-Stick for Bug Bite Relief at The Nerdy Farm Wife.  (I especially love her idea of using an old tin can for the bee's wax melting!)
  • Find these bite remedies, plus natural DIY bug sprays on my pinboard: Bugs!

What do you do for bug bites? Have any other ideas you can share with us? 


This post shared on Front Porch Friday, Natural Family FridayThe Art of Home-Making MondaysNatural Living Mondays, Mama Moments MondayMonday's MusingsSo Much More, Homestead Barn Hop, Simple Life Sunday, Wildcrafting Wednesday, Wellness Wednesday, Homemaking Wednesdays, Count Our Blessings, Simple Lives Thursday  Capture Your Journey Wednesday, ALN's Best of Home Remedies 2014 ...  

8 comments:

  1. I decied to add this to my favorite links this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thank you! Hope it helps a lot of people find remedies that will help them deal with bug bites naturally!

      Delete
  2. Hi, I love herbal remedies and am enjoying perusing your blog. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw great! Hope you find some useful things. :] Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. I will definitely need to check this out! I am a bug magnet, too :( Just this morning I was bit by an ant. My ankle instantly felt like it was on fire & was huge by the time I got back in the house :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, that does Not sound pleasant. I hope you're learning (or find here) some herbal remedies to help! (Did you notice the parenthesis? ;) I thought you'd like that...just read your about page!)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for linking up with us! I always appreciate the remedies you share :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! ~ I love to share, so it's my pleasure!

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? Do you have any suggestions? Other ideas or sources? Share 'em here!