"He causeth the grass to grow for food, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth a man's heart." ~Psalm 104: 14-15

Saturday

Little kitchenette on hold {on not complaining and flying rodents}

The next post about my little kitchenette is well on it's way, but there's (another) problem. Bats. Bats - as in, the flying little rat creatures that may or may not carry rabies. Yes, those little creatures have invaded my little abode. What I thought was mice in the ceiling seems to have been a less furry problem. When the guys opened a hole to put in a mouse trap, it seems to have given the flying creatures the perfect entrance. It is located right at the ridgepole, just above my loft bed. So I've fled -for a short time, Lord willing- to my sister's place.

When a little feral-turned-tame kitty brought fleas into the house, I had thought those were a hassle. Now? Let me tell you, fleas over bats...um, yes please! (I found a few natural ways to rid kitties of fleas, including DE, because of issues with flea poison.  And I got a large bottle of Eucalyptus essential oil.)



With those problems in mind, I wanted to share a story with you that I read as a girl. I'm reminded of it over and over throughout the years, and especially when I'm soo soo tempted to complain about circumstance - like having fleas and bats in my house! (I'll leave my thoughts on Pollyanna thinking to another post, another day.) Jacqueline of Deep Roots at Home has already shared the flea story on her blog, so I leave you with a link to that post:

 Betsie and the Fleas

(This story is by Corrie ten Boom, and comes from the time she and her sister spent in the dreaded German concentration camp Ravensbrück, during World War 2.) Seriously, go read the story-it's sure sticks with you! *click here*


 And hopefully by World Rabies Day you'll get to read a more detailed kitchenette update!  Update: September 28th

Read more about my kitchenette: Unpacking (Kitchenette Gets Plumbing), Kitchenette Update part 1, Kitchenette Update part 2: My Favorite Cookbooks , Kitchenette On Hold (and Not Complaining), Bats in the Belfry ...


This post is shared on: Monday Musings, Mama Moments Monday, Wildcrafting Wednesday, The Art of Homemaking Mondays, Modest Mom Blog ... 

4 comments:

  1. I love that story of Corrie Ten Boom's as well! I am glad you can look on the sunny side of this... Hope all else is doing well, we miss you at the link ups :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! Yes, things are well. Just needing to buckle down and work on some time consuming things for a while. Though I don't know why I haven't been over to the Art of Homemaking Mondays lately; it's one of my favorite link-ups for encouraging and practical articles!

      I'm glad Corrie's flea story is dear to others as well; it's been helpful to me over the years, but so much more specifically right now!

      Delete
  2. I would not want to have either problem. Hopefully you can stop sharing your abode with other creatures. Thanks for sharing at Wildcrafting Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :} Yes, I'd prefer not to either. Glad you stopped by!

      Delete

So what do you think? Do you have any suggestions? Other ideas or sources? Share 'em here!