"He causeth the grass to grow for food, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth a man's heart." ~Psalm 104: 14-15

Friday

Happy Hair Tea: How-To @ BHS

   
Photo by: Lauren @ BHS

    Today I'm sharing a recipe from Shaaron Lavy. This simple herbal tea with a good base of alfalfa and nettles is Shaaron's daily drink for "happy hair."

    Herbs in Happy Hair Tea


    NOTE: As you may have read in our Herbal A-Z on Alfalfa, because of alfalfa [and red clover's] estrogenic effects on the body, this tea is not recommended for pregnant women. Also avoid using while taking blood thinning agents.

    "You can also use this tea -well, almost all of those herbs are good for blood-cleansing, as well as helpful to liver and kidneys, and gingko is good for your brain. Green tea is full of anti-oxidants - so hey, you'll look younger! It has all your vitamins, so this is a good daily vita-mix. Or you can make it as a tincture; either way works great!" -Shaaron

    Click here to read all the details; get the neat recipe card, instructions, and info on why each herb is included!



    P. S. One last thing before you leave! I'm making on mini natural hair-care series for later in the year; If you'd be so kind, share something here on A Gypsy Herbal - we'd love to have your input and would like to include some of your ideas that month!  :]

    How do you care for your hair? We're working on little natural hair series, so share your ideas below! (We'd love to be able to include some of your experience & wisdom!)

     

    This post is shared on: Wellness Wednesday, The Art of Home-Making Monday 

    2 comments:

    1. Thanks for sharing this! :) And how do I care for my hair? Let's see, I really don't do much except I never use a hair dryer and only shampoo twice a week. I read that we overdue it on the hair washing as it strips your hair of the natural oils (and the bonus is that it is frugal since my hair is to my waste, I do need a lot of shampoo!)... That's about it for me :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. OK, thanks JES! I was just having that same conversation with a friend last night. :]
        I think you'll like the other ideas we're working on... :D

        Delete

    So what do you think? Do you have any suggestions? Other ideas or sources? Share 'em here!