"He causeth the grass to grow for food, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth a man's heart." ~Psalm 104: 14-15

Tuesday

Homemade Facial Moisturizer



I can tell [when it's winter time] because my skin dries out and feels rough. I was therefore glad to look into this topic and see what I could add to my little collection of homemade toiletries. I started researching and digging around for something simple, yet effective (including reading through an entire skin section in the Organic Body Care Recipes book). I found some ideas, and with a few adjustments, came up with the following recipe. Who knew it would be so easy to add a natural, refreshing moisturizer to your daily routine? If you are experiencing Winter's harsh effects on your delicate facial skin, keep reading; it couldn't be much more simple.

See the rest of this post at Little House Living.


This post is shared on: Front Porch Friday  For more homemade toiletry ideas, see our pinboard: Natural Toiletries

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see you posting again! The link at the very bottom of the post isn't working. I think you put it in twice maybe? I look forward to visiting your guest post! :) Also, if you have any CALENDULA inspired recipes, we are hosting an herbal link up this month featuring that amazing flower and would love to have you share. Hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I sure did; thanks for letting me know!
      Oh goodie! I'm planting my calendula today, so I'll make sure to take some pictures and try to gather my collective calendula thoughts and get a post on that up this month!
      Thank you JES, it always makes me smile to see your comments!

      Delete
  2. Okay, I just visited... Great recipe and with items I have! :) Thank you for sharing! Will pin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I'm glad you have everything! Let us know how it works for you. :]
      I'm hoping to get a lot done this month, including remaking toiletries and refreshing my set of homemade things. Spring air is so inspiring!

      Delete

So what do you think? Do you have any suggestions? Other ideas or sources? Share 'em here!